Saturday, September 10, 2016

Inception (Why am I doing this?)

The idea of writing this blog came to me recently as I was actually feeling better. When you grow up with a narcissist parent (in my case my dad), the world never looks the same way it does to most people.  The notion of normal goes out the window and your idea of a baseline healthy self esteem is so distorted you can't even really know where you stand until you're well into adulthood and realize you've been dragged through the mud most of your life. Sadly, you probably piled on a heap of unhealthy friendships and romantic relationships that only made things worse. When you grow up abused by narcissists your chances of ending up in love with a narcissist are astronomical. If you can't escape these grim odds then you will end up having to heal from more than one narcissist abusing you and healing from NPD abuse is no laughing matter.

I won't be saying much about Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) alone, my goal here is not to define or explain the disorder itself, although I would like from time to time to point out the differences between being a narcissist (malignant narcissist) and being narcissistic (which we all are from time to time). There is way too much use of the word narcissist (misuse more like it) and it hurts everyone that the word is trivialized so much that most people either don't understand the real meaning of being a narcissist and how serious it is or they simply end up totally ignoring the fact. Too little would mean no awareness, too much is trivializing and in both cases we all lose. Please read as much as you can about the condition, there are some useful links on your right.

NPD Flabbergasted is a place where I will share narcissist stories, some will be amusing, some will be frustrating, some will be creepy. How narcissists make you fall for them, how narcissists can actually appear to be very nice (with their selfish reasons underneath of course), how a narcissist can be so devoid of logic, empathy, reason that it can end up costing you your sanity or at least part of it. From a narcissist yelling at a front desk clerk in total rage for no reason, to what they're really thinking when you're in awe, to that famility meeting in which your narcissist went balistic for no apparent reason, I will be sharing all the stories that leave us flabbergasted, speechless, and totally wondering WT* was that?. I will share my own stories, stories from TV shows or movies which I think are relevant, I will be sharing stories other people have shared with me (with their permission of course). All of these will be done with a huge amount of care that no names are revealed and people's privacy is intact. We want to understand the disorder and what it does to them and to us their victims, we don't want to go to war, and in most cases it's unethical and illegal to share names without explicit permission.   

No comments:

Post a Comment